Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This Recipe will make 2 medium trays and 1 large serving*
- Cook onion in a little bit of chicken broth until caramelized, cook bacon sausage until done, drain and rinse very thoroughly
- Cook wild rice with 1¼ C water in an Instant Pot on high pressure for 3-4 minutes and naturally release for 10 minutes, or follow conventional directions to cook the wild rice.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker on low heat, stirring occasionally, until all cheese is melted.
- Spread evenly on a parchment lined tray, use dividers set to 10 portions, cover with a lid and freeze until solid.
- Remove lid, and freeze dry.
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Use ¾ C - 1 C of boiling water per 2 portions of soup. Add boiling water to the soup, stir until it looks creamy, cover and let sit for 2-5 minutes, stir and eat.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!