Contributed By: John in Bibs
This makes enough Stew for 4 medium trays.*
- Add all ingredients into a large crockpot. You may want to cut the whole tomatoes in half.
- Cook on low in the Crock Pot for 6 hours, long enough for the onions to get tender.
- Line your tray with parchment or silicone, Ladle the stew onto the trays, you may want to use dividers to portion (I used mine set in the ten portion configuration) Cover with a lid.
- Freeze until solid, then remove lids and freeze dry.
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
For a 3/10 portion meal add 1 cup of boiling water, mix, seal, and let stand for 2 minutes. Check, add more water if needed, stir, let sit another 2 minutes.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.