Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe will make 3 medium trays of Turkey Noodle Soup*
- In a large pot, or dutch oven add your carrots, onion, celery and brown them up a little bit, then add garlic and bay leaves, add 6 cups of water and continue to heat until it comes to a boil.
- Add the Better than Bullion and Worcestershire Sauce and return to a boil, cover and cook until all vegetables are tender on medium heat.
- Add your turkey and parsley and continue to cook on medium heat and return to a boil.
- Remove the bay leaves, turn the stove to high and add your egg noodles and cook until tender.
- Let cool, spread on silicone lined trays, using dividers to pre-portion, cover with a lid and freeze until frozen solid. 1 Set my trays to 10 portions, using 3 portions per serving.
- Freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
38 hours with some extra dry time
Add 1 C of boiling water per serving, mix, cover and let sit for about 2 minutes. Check add more water if necessary stir, cover and let sit for another 2 minutes
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!