Contributed by member: Kathryn Grace
This recipe will fill 3 medium trays with a few bowls left over*
- Brown the hamburger and onions together in a pan on the stove, when done, blot as much grease from the mixture as you can.
- While browning the hamburger and onions, add everything else to your Instant Pot, and turn to Saute, stirring occasionally to keep the barley from clumping.
- Add the browned hamburger and onions, put the lid on and cook under high pressure for 30 minutes, allowing time for a 20 minute natural release.
- Be careful opening the lid
- Allow the soup to cool, spread evenly across parchment lined trays, you can use dividers to pre-portion your soup.
- Freeze until frozen solid.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Bring 1 - 1½ C of water to boiling, Add a little bit of water, stir, let sit for 2-3 minutes covered, check consistency, and repeat until soup reaches the desired consistency