Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
One recipe will fill 2 medium trays (4 cups each)*
- Prepare all vegetables
- In a large stock pot,on the stove using medium-high heat, add 2 TBSP of Broth, then add all veggies and saute for about 6 minutes.
- Add 4 Cups of Broth to the pot, and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add Basil, salt, and pepper, then remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup.
- Let cool
- Add 4 cups to a parchment lined tray, and add dividers set to 40 portions, repeat with a second tray.
- Freeze until frozen solid
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
10 squares = 1 portion of soup (about 13 g)
Add ¾ cup boiling water, stir until lumps disappear. Let sit for 2 minutes. Check for consistency, add more water if desired.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.