Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe will fill 4 medium trays by mass*
- Brown your hamburger with the chopped onion.
- In a large crockpot, add your browned hamburger with onion and the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Cook on low in your crockpot for 8 hours.
- Let cool, then spread evenly on a lined freeze dryer tray, add dividers if you want to pre-portion your food, and put a cover on your tray. (I set my dividers up into 8 portions with a little left over, using 2 bricks for 1 portion of food)
- Freeze until frozen solid (24-48 hours)
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
(1 portion was 2 of my bricks)Add 1 C of boiling water to 1 portion of food, mix up, cover and let sit for 1 minute. Stir, add more water if needed, then let sit for another minute.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!