Contributed By: Hallie Thompson
This recipe makes 16 cups filling 4 medium trays w/4 cups per tray*
- Using an 8-Quart pot with lid, add onion, turkey, garlic, and broth. Cook on medium high heat for 15 minutes chopping up turkey and stirring the entire time.
- Add red pepper, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, cuming basil, and green chilis, continue cooking until almost all of the liquid is gone (but not completely) This will cook the flavor in and takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, and the beans.
- Bring to a boil while stirring, then cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add 4 cups per medium tray, and then use dividers set to 10 portions to pre- portion the chili. Cover with a lid and freeze until frozen solid.
- Remove lids and freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
1 serving will be 2-3 portions
Add some boiling water, stir, let sit 3-5 minutes, check and add repeat until desired consistency is reached.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.