This recipe will fill 1 medium tray with some left over*
- Wash 1 C of beans, place in a bowl, and mash with a potato masher.
- Heat a little chicken broth over high heat in a pot. Add the chicken, turning occasionally while cooking the chicken until it is browned. (4-6 minutes)
- Add the garlic, onion,celery, cumin, and salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the onions are translucent. (about 5 minutes)
- Add the mashed beans, whole beans, chiles, and 3 C of stock. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is fully cooked. (about 3-5 minutes)
- Remove from heat. Stir in the Cream Cheese, continue stirring until it is melted.
- Let cool
- Line your tray with parchment, and spread soup evenly across your tray. Add dividers in the ten portions set up if you want to pre-portion your soup. Cover with a lid.
- Freeze until frozen solid
- Remove lid and freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Add a little bit of boiling water and stir until it is about the right consistency, then add a little more boiling water, cover, and let sit for 2 minutes, check the chicken, add more water if needed, or let sit a little longer if needed.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.