Contributed by: Live.Live.Simple.
This recipe yield 3 trays on the medium and 2 trays on the large*
- In a large pot, add cubed beef roast, steak or similar and cook in 1-2 tbsp of broth for 3 minutes or until medium rare
- Add onion and garlic for 3 minutes
- Add in small diced carrots and celery and cook until barely tender around 3 minutes
- Add in flour stirring continuously for 2 minutes
- Add in 2 stout beers and cubed potatoes and stir
- Add broth and soy sauce and stir again
- Add tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and brown sugar
- Stir well and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until you reach desired thickness
- After cooling, spoon onto pre-cut parchment lined trays and use the 10 portion setting on the tray dividers and pre-freeze for at least 24 hours
- Freeze dry and Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
1/10th of 1 medium tray requires ½ cup of boiling water mixed and let sit for 3 minutes. Stir and serve
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.