Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe doubled, made enough for 1 large tray.*
- Chop ends off of zucchini’s and shred them (12 Cups)
- Strain and use cheesecloth to get as much moisture out of zucchini
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Add rest of ingredients to strained zucchini and mix well by hand
- Put parchment down in bottom of Freeze Drying tray
- Spread mix out evenly across the tray (Do not bake with dividers in trays)
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Blot some of the grease with paper towel
- Let cool until it reaches room temperature
- Use dividers to create cracker portions (do not put dividers into oven)
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Notes: Thinner is better with this recipe, so spread the mixture out evenly but thinly on your tray.
My cycle time included a mixed load 40 hours
Not intended for rehydration, meant to eat like a cracker
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
When I make this I bake it for 30 minutes. It browns up nicely with that extra 15 minutes. Sometimes I use taco seasoning instead of the garlic for a more subtle flavor. Be sure to press them flat so they aren’t too thick. Crackers should be thin.