Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
1 large box of Jello will make approximately 100 cubes or 1 medium tray*
- Mix the gelatin according to package directions (add 2C of boiling water to gelatine powder, stir until dissolved, then add 2 C cold water)
- Pour liquid into your ice cube molds, silicone recommended.(I use 24 cube silicone mold ice cube molds for this, and 1 box of gelatine will fill about 4 of these depending on how neat you are while filling your mold)
- Freeze Jello until frozen solid.
- To remove molds, run under very hot top water, on just the bottom of your mold for about 30 seconds. Then fold your mold away from itself at each row of jello. Push each cube out from the back of the mold.
- Place on a silicone lined tray not touching (however these do not expand).
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
I have not tried with sugar free jello, but since it comes in the same powder as regular jello I don’t see why it wouldn’t work…
Will this work with sugar free jello?