Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying: For Beginners
- Start Quinoa on the stove in a medium to large saucepan, cooking 1 cup of Quinoa in 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth. While Quinoa is cooking, do the following.
- Clean and prepare cauliflower and then rice in a food processor
- Dice zucchini, bell peppers, and medium onion
- In a stock pot, use a little bit of chicken or vegetable broth to saute zucchini, bell peppers, onions.
- About this time Quinoa should be done cooking, set aside.
- Once vegetables are sauteed add the riced cauliflower and cook until just heated through.
- Add Quinoa and salt and pepper to taste, and mix well.
- Spread evenly across a parchment lined tray.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage)
My time in a medium freeze dryer with a premier pump, was 22 hrs.
I have simply added a little boiling water, stirred, let stand, and add more...is about a 1:1 ratio.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.