Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe makes about 1 ½ Medium Trays of mashed potatoes*
- Wash and quarter your potatoes (you can leave skins on if you want) and then add to your instant pressure cooker.
- Add the Chicken Broth, Butter Powder, Cream Cheese, and Pepper.
- Put your instant pressure cooker on high pressure for 13 minutes, let sit and naturally release for 5 minutes. Then release the pressure
- Mash in the pressure cooker pot with a potato masher
- Add the Sour Cream.
- Using an immersion blender whip up the mashed potatoes, add any other seasonings to taste
- Spread evenly on to a tray, being aware of the amount of weight per tray, I used dividers set in the ten portion configuration to pre portion the mashed potatoes.
- Freeze until solid
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Two squares from the ten portioned medium tray took about ½ C of Boiling water, stir, seal, let sit for 2 minutes, stir, and repeat to get desired consistency (¼ C of Water per medium ten portion square)
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.