Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
12-15 lbs. of potatoes makes 4 medium trays*
- Dice the potatoes into cubes for faster cooking. Boil all the potatoes and mash them using no oil butter or additives
- Try to get the smoothest texture potatoes using the least amount of added water
- When smooth, take a spatula and add to a parchment lined lined tray
- Add potatoes until filled up to the rim of the freeze drying pan
- Add tray dividers in the 40 portion setting to make portion size
- Freeze in a freezer, then freeze dry
- Use the portioned potato cubes to determine your storage amount (2 cubes = ¼ Cup of powder)
- You can rehydrate these as cubes for a more chunky mashed potato or for a smooth texture, run the cubes through a food processor to make powder
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
You can also use 1 tray for potato additives such as sour cream & cilantro
34 hours in medium freeze dryer and 25.92 KWh of electricity
Rehydration for powder:
½ Cup Potato powder + 1 cup HOT water + ¼ Cup milk + 1 tbsp butter = 1 serving
Boil or heat all liquid (1 ¼ - 1 ½ C) together, add to flakes and whip, let sit for 3-5 minutes
Rehydration for cubes:
4 cubes + ¼ Cup HOT water = 1 serving
Let sit for 3 minutes
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!