Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple
- Cut fresh or buy fresh from store
- Put on parchment lined tray and pre freeze
- Freeze Dry
- Very fragile, can be stored in a jar and add to cooking or crumbled and stored in Mylar
- Store Appropriately (see Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time in a medium freeze dry in a garage during high heat and humidity was just shy of 18 hours.
Just add to whatever you are cooking, just like you would store bought herbs or spices.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.