Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe will make as many trays as you choose to make*
- Peel the cloves of garlic
- You can then dice, or gently smash to break the skins open so that moisture can escape during the freeze drying process
- Put on parchment lined tray and pre freeze
- Freeze Dry
- Chop or Powder after freeze drying
- Store Appropriately (see Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time in a medium freeze dry in a garage during high heat and humidity was just shy of 18 hours.
Granulated garlic can be rehydrated with water or just added to cooking.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.