Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This Recipe made 4 venison Steaks, there is enough brine to do a few more steaks*
Trim the meat into 5-6 oz portions to help cook and freeze dry
- Freeze Solid and then freeze dry. Make sure to take appropriate precautions when Freeze Drying Raw MEAT.
- Store appropriately. (See Tips & Tricks for storage help)
My time was about 54 hours on one tray.
- Mix brine and then put your meat into the brine, Cover and put in the fridge overnight.
- Make Rub and save.
- Set meat in Colander, and let extra juice drain.
- Rub olive oil over meat on all sides, then add rub on all sides
- Smoke slowly to 140℉ internal temp, Keeping smoker in the 200℉ range
- Cover Meat and let it rest for 10 minutes before eating
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.