Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe makes 3 med. trays of casserole filling and cornbread and 1 med. tray of Ramen *
- Add Onions, Red Pepper, water, Ramen Noodle Flavoring Packet to a large skillet and sauté until soft and onions are translucent.
- Add Cooked and rinsed ground beef, 2 Cans of Rotel, 2 Cans of Corn, 2 Taco Seasoning Packets, stir, and cook on medium for about 10 minutes.
- Add Cheese, stirring to mix in and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool down
- I made 24 discs of casserole, using silicone molds. Then freeze until frozen solid.
- On a lined freeze dryer tray place 8 discs of casserole filling, and surround with cut up pieces of cornbread. I placed all 12 halves of Ramen on one tray.
- Freeze Dry and package I appropriately. I put 2 discs, several pieces of cornbread in a snack ziplock bag and 1 square of Ramen per package.
Remove the cornbread, add 1 cup of boiling water, stir, close, let stand for 2 minutes, stir, close and let stand for 2 minutes. Add cornbread croutons back in.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!