Contributed By: Suanne Harns
This recipe fills 2 medium trays to about 2lbs of food each*Directions:
- Heat a large pot with a little water or broth to cook turkey for 6/7 min.
- Add Ginger, Garlic and onions stirring often until fragrant 1/2 min
- Add Carrots, Cabbage, Soy Sauce or Braggs. You can add a pinch of red pepper if you like it a little spicy.
- When veggies are done, drain off any excess liquid and return to the stove on low, make a well in the center and add eggs, scramble until no longer runny. Stir to combine.
- Spread evenly on a lined freeze dryer tray, use dividers set to ten portions, and push into the tray after spreading the food on it. Cover with a lid and freeze until solid.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
3 ten portion squares rehydrate with about 1 Cup of boiling water, stir and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir, and if needed add more water and let sit
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
The sauce calls for Mao. Do you mean mayo?
Freeze Drying Cookbook replied:
Great catch Marla, yes it should be Mayo and we fixed it on the website :)