Using Ingredient from the Freeze Dried Pantry
Contributed By: Nessa’s Nook
Only the leftovers were freeze dried, guessing 1 medium tray*
- Soak the Hash browns in warm water… the extra water will be discarded (Won’t soak up extra water)
- Soak Hamburger in Warm Water… the extra water will be discarded (Won’t soak up extra water)
- Add 2 C of Water to a Pot on the stove.. Add 4 Tbsp of Brown Gravy Mix, and 2 Tbsp of Onion soup mix.. Whisk together and cook until it is thickened and bubbly.
- Cook biscuits as you put the rest of this together (If you are eating fresh, omit for freeze drying)
- Drain excess water from beef and hash browns
- In a 9x9 pan put your hamburger, mixed veggies, gravy, and stir, then put the hashbrowns on top
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes
- Spread out on a parchment lined tray, cover with a lid and freeze until solid
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help) This would be a great Meal in a Jar Recipe… using dividers to portion
Add a little bit of boiling water, stir let sit covered for 3-5 minutes, stir and repeat until you reach desired consistency
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.