Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe makes 2 medium trays of Roast Beef, 1 medium tray of Veggies, 2 (4 cups each) medium trays of Gravy*
- Add Round Roast, Onion, Carrots, and Beef Broth to your Instant Pressure Cooker, Put on slow cook, (crock pot mode) for 8 hours.
- Remove roast from pressure cooker, and set to side, remove vegetables and put in a different bowl and set aside.
- Put the broth in the freezer to get the fat on the surface to remove from the broth.
- Next broil your roast for a few minutes (Broil at 450℉ for 10 minutes)
- Cut your roasts down, and place on a silicone or parchment lined trays (fills 2 trays), cover with a lid, and then freeze until solid.
- Put the carrots, onions, and frozen peas and 4 Cups of water in your Pressure Cooker, bring those to a boil, and then tray up the veggies and a lined tray, cover and freeze.
- To make the gravy:
- Remover the fat from the top of the cold broth add the beef stock, to the vegetable broth, left from cooking peas and veggies, in your pressure cooker or a pan on the stove, and bring to a boil (about 8 cups of beef broth)
Mix the cornstarch with cold water, add this to your boiling broth, stirring the entire time, cook until thickened. Let it cool, put 4 cups on a lined tray, freeze until solid.
8. Remove lids from all frozen trays, and freeze dry.
9. Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
- Split Roast into 6 portions. Add 1 Cup of Boiling water in with the roast, make sure it is covered and let it sit. Drain excess water off before serving
- Split the gravy into 6 portions. Add ½ cup of boiling water, stir it up, let it sit. Drain extra water off before serving.
- Split the veggies into 6 portions. I added 1 Cup of boiling water to the veggies, and totally covered them, let them sit.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!