Contributed by: John in Bibs
Recipe makes approximately 3 trays of chili and 1 tray of noodles *
- Add everything to the crockpot, and cook for 6 hours on low heat.
- Let it cool down, then place in the refrigerator overnight and skim fat off of the top in the morning. **This is an important step for long term storage
- Slice ramen, uncooked, into 2 servings and place on a freeze drying tray
- Put the Chili into 24 disks in silicone molds, or use dividers to make 10 portions (2 disks=1 serving)
- Pre Freeze: Remove Chili from molds before Freeze Drying. If using dividers you can leave them in while freeze drying.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately. (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
1 serving is ½ a package of Ramen noodles and two disks of Chili.
- Add 1 C of Boiling water, stir and let sit for 2 minutes. Stir and let sit for an additional 2 minutes.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!