Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe makes approximately 1.5 trays of Chicken Pot Pie Filling and 1 tray of biscuits for a Medium Freeze Dryer *
- Place chicken on the bottom of your crockpot, place frozen vegetables over the top of the chicken, then top with the Cream of Chicken Soup.Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Once done remove chicken and shred, and combine back with veggies and sauce.
- Add the diced potatoes and Chicken Bouillon powder to the chicken and veggies. Cook on Low for 1 hour.
- Line your freeze dryer trays with silicone or parchment and add mixture to trays. Add dividers, if using
- Place your baked biscuits on a separate freeze dryer tray
- Pre Freeze
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately. (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Add a little boiling water, stir, let sit for 5 minutes covered, check add more water if needed, let sit for another 5-10 minutes covered. Biscuits: Place on top of the Chicken Pot Pie after it is rehydrated, and let absorb some of the gravy mix.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.