Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
Single recipe is approximately 8 cups*
- Cook enough brown rice to make 4 cups of cooked brown rice.
- Using 2 Tbsp of Sesame seed oil, cook and dice 1 lb of chicken breast
- Using a little bit of Sesame oil, cook peas, carrots, and onions for about 2 minutes
- Add diced garlic, and cook 1 more minutes
- Push vegetable to side of you pan, add the beaten eggs and cook with vegetables
- Add in chicken and stir
- Add in Rice and stir
- Add 3 Tbsp of Soy sauce and stir
- Load on trays lined with parchment
- Add Dividers (I portioned into servings of 10 per tray)
- Pre Freeze
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately. (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time was 42 hours 30 minutes in a Large Freeze Dryer 5 trays with Premier Pump.
I added 1 1⁄4c boiling water to 3 divider portions (divided each tray into 10 portions), mix. Let sit for 5 minutes, mix, let sit again for 4 minutes.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.