Contributed by: John in Bibs
This recipe will make 11⁄2 Medium Harvest Right Trays of Tikka Masala plus the amount of rice you make.*
- Place chicken on the bottom of the crock pot, sprinkle a little of the chicken bouillon powder over the chicken breasts on both sides, rubbing it in. Cook on low heat for about 3 hours.
- Shred the chicken, remove the broth from the crock pot and add chicken back to the crock pot. Add the jars of Tikka Masala. Stir. Cook on low heat for an additional 5 hours.
- Line your freeze dryer trays with silicone or parchment
- Spread out onto trays, not exceeding 2.5lbs per tray. (Spread rice onto trays & freeze)
- Pre Freeze
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately. (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Chicken Masala: Add boiling water, stir, let sit covered for 5-10 minutes. Add more water if needed.
Rice: 1 cup of freeze dried rice, 1/2 cup of boiling water, stir, let sit covered for 5-10 minutes. Add more water if needed.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.