Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe will make as many trays as you choose to make*
- Take the ends of the yams or potatoes and then skin them. (you don’t have to skin them)
- Use a food processor to slice so they are evenly sliced.
- Get a pot of water boiling and an ice bath ready for blanching your potatoes or yams.
- Blanch 3-5 minutes, strain them, then straight into the ice bath and strain them again.
- Line your trays with parchment or silicone
- Evenly spread blanched potatoes or yams
- Sprinkle or dust with your preferred seasonings, you can throw a layer of parchment and do a second thin layer.
- Pre-Freeze or straight into the freeze dryer
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for Storage Help)
My cycle time in a large freeze was 19 hours large freeze dryer
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.