Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
80 ears of corn filled 5 Large trays*
- Husk corn, then brush corn softly to remove silk
- Blanch the sweet corn: Boil water, Dunk corn in boiling water for 5-6 minutes, then dunk in an ice bath for several minutes
- After corn is cooled down, use a serrated knife to cut corn off of the cobb
- Line tray with parchment or silicone
- Fill trays with sweet corn (8 cups per Large tray)
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
The Popcorn seasoning corn was great as a snack without rehydrating.
My cycle time in a large freeze drying using a premier pump was 52 hours 22 minutes without pre-freezing.
About 1 cup of corn and shy of 1⁄2 cup water. Let sit, and then heat in the microwave. You can also rehydrate using about 1⁄4 cup of butter and 1⁄4 cup of water.
*Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!