Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This used 6 medium spaghetti squash and filled 4 medium trays *
- Halve and remove seeds, (save seeds to replant)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Brush squash with LIGHTLY with olive oil, place on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes to an hour
- Instead of baking you can use the Instant Pot, Put the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot, put squash on trivet, seal lid, set for 7 minutes for pressure cook and do a quick release
- Once squash is cooked peel it onto the trays
- Freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time in a medium freeze dryer was 43 hours
Slowly add a little hot water at a time, it gets a little gooey but tastes okay
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!