Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This will make as many trays as you have canned peaches to fill*
- Empty jars or cans of peaches into a colander in your sink
- Rinse the peaches thoroughly and let them drip for 5-10 minutes
- Spread evenly onto parchment lined trays, you may be able to freeze dry a second layer by placing parchment between the layers to keep peaches from sticking together.
- Pre-Freeze until frozen solid
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My peaches would have had a cycle of roughly 24 hours, but life happened and I used all of my extra dry time and then some.
Either eat as is as a snack, or turn into a fine powder to add peach flavor to drinks and food.
* Extra Large Tray = 15 Cups/Tray Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.