A Freeze Dried Pantry Recipe
Contributed By: Adventures in Freeze Drying
This recipe will make 1 Peach Pie*
- Add 2 C of room temp water to your freeze dried peaches, and the liquid ingredients and let hydrate for about 30 minutes. You can add more water if needed. It is okay if the center of your peaches are not quite completely rehydrated.
- Preheat oven to 450 ℉
- Place the bottom crust of the pie in a greased pie pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk together.
- If you have excess water on your peaches, pour the excess water off.
- Add the dry ingredients to the peaches and mix thoroughly. Dump the peach mixture into your prepared pie pan and spread out evenly.
- Top with the second crust, pinching the sides together to seal the crust. Poke holes in the top of the crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then lower the temperature of the oven to 350 ℉ and bake until the crust turns golden brown (50-60 minutes) If the edges of your pie are getting dark, you can cover the edges with aluminum foil strips. Pie is done when the filling is bubbly and thick.
- Cool for 30 minutes before serving
You will need 2+ Cups of Water to rehydrate your peaches