A Freeze Dried Pantry Recipe
Contributed By: John in Bibs
This Recipe will fill 1 medium tray*
- Puree thawed mangos in a blender, add water if needed (may want to only do 1 bag at a time)
- On a silicone lined tray, spread the mango puree evenly 2 lbs will fit on 1 medium tray.
- Cover with a lid and freeze until frozen solid.
- Remove lid and Freeze Dry
- Powder either with a rolling pin or in a blender/food processor
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
About 40 hours with extra dry time
Add to smoothies, cream of wheat, homemade icing etc.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.