Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe yields 2-2.5 Cups (this recipe can be doubled or tripled to fit in 1 Large size freeze dryer tray*
- Peel the oranges and add them to a blender (I use a Vitamix) and add water.
- Blend to desired smoothness.
- You can save your peels for powdered orange zest!
- Add to lined freeze drying tray
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Homemade OJ should not foam up in the freeze drying process like store bought Orange Juice. If you are attempting a concentrate or store purchased OJ, water it down before freeze drying and it will help it to not foam up. Once done, run through a food processor to make a smooth consistency.
My cycle time typically runs 30-40 hr in large freeze dryer with premium pump
Rehydration for 1 Glass
1/2 Cup Orange Juice Powder added to 1 cup water. This ratio can change depending on the oranges used.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!