Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe will make approximately 8C of pure Beet Juice filling 4 medium trays*
- Cut off the roots, and the top, and keep the healthy looking stems and leaves. Then peel the beets using a veggie peeler (if you choose) Wash the stems and leaves well.
- Once washed and peeled, chop the beats small enough to fit into your juicer.
- Put Beets and stems through the juicer (I used an Omega Juicer)
- Add water to your beet juice so it is 50% Juice and 50 % Water
- If possible, put your tray in the freezer, and then pour 4 Cups of Beet Juice per medium tray. (Place stackers on trays before pouring in juice to avoid making a mess and allow stacking of your trays in the freezer)
- Freeze until frozen solid
- Freeze Dry
- This will stick to your pan and a scraper will help you get all of the beet juice off of your trays. Powder either in your food processor or using a rolling pin and zip lock bag
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)ee
Over 40 hours
- 8 C of pure beet juice made 2 C of powder
- This can be added straight to smoothies, or put in capsules.
- Add approximately ¼ C of Powder to about 1 C of Water to make juice
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!