Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
- Chop up peppers, slice the onion, mince the garlic
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan, and saute peppers, garlic, and onion on high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add 2 Cups of Water and cook for about 20 minutes or until water is cooked off, stirring occasionally.
- Pull off of heat and let sit to reach room temperature, about 30 minutes
- Put in Blender or Food Processor and process or puree until smooth.
- With Blender or Food Processor running add 1 Cup of Vinegar slowly.
- Taste and if needed add other non-hot peppers to tone down, chop before adding and puree. Repeat until desired heat is reached.
- Store Appropriately. (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
The color of your hot pepper sauce will be determined by what types of peppers you use. Using Habaneros and Jalapenos, my sauce is green.
Cycle Time:My cycle time was 45 hours running a standard pump and old program, with a mixed load.
Rehydration:Add water, stir, let stand, repeat until you reach desired consistency.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary