Contributed By: John in Bibs
One recipe made 30 2x2 inch molds of strawberry shortcake squares.*
- Slice Angel Food Cake to 1⁄4 inch thickness as uniformly as you can (I used a meat slicer) Cut to size to fit each 2x2 mold (Or use dividers and layer on your lined tray)
- Puree strawberries in blender
- Pour just enough pureed strawberries to cover the angel food cake in each mold. Fill the molds 3/4 of the way with Cool Whip.
- Top with another thinly sliced piece of Angel Food Cake.
- Add a hint of strawberry puree using a spoon, on top of Angel Food Cake.
- Add a dollop of Cool Whip on top of each Shortcake. (Add your dividers here if using)
- Freeze until solid.
- Pop out of molds and place on a lined tray. No need to remove dividers if used)
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time was shy of 28 hours in a medium freeze dryer.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary