Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
1½ Gallons of Milk will fill 4 medium Trays*
- Place freeze drying trays flat in freeze dryer
- Pour milk into the trays and freeze solid.
- Turn on your machine and pre-freeze before pulling Milk out of the freezer.
- Freeze Dry
- Powder the milk
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Weigh your trays in grams before and after freeze drying, you will know how much water was lost. You can do some math to determine how much water to add back in.
My cycle time with 4 trays of milk was about 40 hours
Add cold water, using a coffee frother, mix, and continue adding water and mixing until you get the right consistency.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!