Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
20 eggs made approximately 1 large tray of scrambled eggs*
- Add silicone mats to your tray
- Add 20 eggs to a bowl (this equaled about 5-6 cups for us)
- Use an immersion blender or whisk to scramble
- Add scrambled eggs to your tray
- Add Dividers made into 10 portions (if Using)
- Pre Freeze
- Freeze Dry
- Powder freeze dried eggs in food processor
- Store in portions for easy rehydration (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
37 hours and 30 minutes in
medium freeze dryer
Mix 2 Tbsp of Water with 1 of the 10
portioned FD eggs powder. Or 2 Tbsp of
water with 2 tbsp of FD powder This equals 2
Let sit for a few minutes, then stir. Cook as
you would normally cook scrambled eggs. (I
made an omelet, see video) ***These were
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary
I think you have a typo, 2 tablespoons of powder/water should equal 1 egg, right?
Read a tip to reconstitute with cold water. Then cook. Reconstituting with warm/hot water will begin to cook the eggs (and be rubbery). Made sense.
Freeze Drying Cookbook replied:
Thanks Greg. Great idea. Makes total sense.