Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe can vary greatly on yield due to bread loaf size and type used (mine was about 2 medium trays per loaf for reference) *
1. Crack 6 eggs and scramble in a bowl or casserole dish
2. Add Nutmeg, cinnamon, milk & vanilla to the eggs and mix
3. Slice bread into 3⁄4” thick slices, dip into egg mixture only long enough to coat the slice of bread
4. Add to a lightly oiled or coated griddle or pan and brown on each side
5. Try to leave some tenderness if possible (crispy on the outside, tender on the inside)
6. Slice cooked french toast into strips or wedges about the width of your finger
7. Add sticks to a parchment lined freeze dryer tray.
8. Freeze dry with sauces (on separate trays) if desired
9. For your dipping sauce, make a puree from strawberries, blueberries, bananas or other fruit of your choice and add stevia or sweetener if desired (for more ideas, reference our video). Use dividers to portion dipping sauce. You can also package syrup, honey, pb2 into small packets made with your sealer and a mylar bag
Eat these freeze dried with dipping sauces or rehydrate with sauce or syrup for about 20 minutes. Or overnight with a damp paper towel in a ziplock.
20 hours in the medium freeze dryer with premiere pump
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!