Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
Recipe 1 Medium Freeze Dryer tray of Baby Food*
- Puree Bananas
- Add cooked zucchini and cooked rice and puree, may need to add additional water to get to the right texture.
- Line tray with parchment
- Pour baby food puree onto tray
- Put in dividers (if you choose) Can also just powder trays worth, and then make as little or as much as you want.
- Pre-Freeze before Freeze Drying
- Store Appropriately (see Tips and Tricks for storage help)
The dividers work very well for dividing into 40 (or larger) equal sized portions. You may want to powder this before storing, or before rehydrating to make it easier to reconstitute. This also makes great snack bars.
My cycle time in a large freeze dryer with a premier pump was 57 hours for 5 trays of baby food.
Consistency and texture will vary, add water slowly and blend if possible.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary