Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe makes 1 Medium size Freeze dryer tray*
- Dice up slices of bread into small pieces. It’s helpful to fill up the tray first with bread pieces and then move onto the next steps. Fill the tray heaping with bread because they will shrink later in the recipe
- Add to a mixing bowl and evenly coat bread with broth of choice
- Season evenly with salt or garlic salt and pepper if desired while mixing
- Add coated bread to frying pan and heat
- Keep pan moving while heating to avoid bread pieces from sticking together
- Some clumping is normal and they will break apart after freeze dried
- Add bread pieces back onto to precut parchment lined tray
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
22 Hours in a Medium FD
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.