Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
1 Recipe makes about 3 Cups of Sloppy Joes*
- Add a little bit of veggie broth powder, water, and freeze dried garlic to a small container and let everything rehydrate.
- Turn Pressure Cooker on to sauté, when warm add the broth and ½ a diced onion and cook the onions until lightly browned.
- Mix up 2 Cups of vegetable broth while onions are cooking and then add to Instant Pot along with 1 C of Lentils, lock the lid, turn the pressure cooker to high pressure and set for 15 minutes. When time is up, turn off the pressure cooker and let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Add ¼ to ½ C Tomato Sauce (or paste) based on your preference for thickness of sauce, Chili powder, Worcestershire Sauce, Paprika, and Brown sugar to the lentils in your pressure cooker and mix well.
- If you like the consistency, keep it warm. If not, you can add a little more sauce or paste, this will thicken some as it cools.
- Line tray, spread evenly and pre-freeze or go straight into the freeze dryer and freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Dividers work great with this recipe so you can package them as single servings
Add a little bit of boiling water, stir, cover and let stand, repeat until desired consistency is reached.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
We made this recipe and loved it! Thanks for another great meal to freeze dry, Brian.