Contributed By: John in Bibs
One will fill about 3 medium Freeze Dryer trays*
- Thinly slice the steak, either by hand or with a meat slicer
- In a bowl place the meat, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, cover and let stand and marinate for several hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Transfer the meat straight to a hot pan to cook, put marinade aside to use again later.
- Set cooked steak aside.
- Using the same pan, saute onions and garlic, about 7 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, and bell peppers. Cook for a couple of minutes, as cooking add oyster sauce.
- Then add frozen peas and if desired a can of baby corn and continue to cook a little longer, cover and lower heat, check on occasionally and add used marinade if you need more moisture. Cook until tender (about 15 minutes) Carrots are tender but not mushy.
- Add meat, and remainder of marinade back to the pan, return to a boil
- Line your freeze dryer tray, spread stir fry evenly across tray, can add the extra liquid onto trays before pre-freezing
- Use dividers to help set portions, then pre-Freeze and Freeze Dry (I used my dividers in 4 portions per tray)
- Store Appropriately. (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
Add some boiling water, let sit for 2 minutes, stir, add more water if needed, then let sit another 2 minutes, until you reach desired texture.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.