Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe makes 2 trays for the large freeze dryer*
If you want to do this with individual ingredients, see the "Back Packer's Mac N Cheese Recipe"
- Cook, drain and rinse noodles and return to pan
- Cut Velveeta into smaller squares
- Add 2/3 C milk & Velveeta to the noodles and mix while heating on low
- You can also add pepper, salt, garlic or onion powder
- Stir and heat until macaroni is evenly covered with cheese
- Pour macaroni onto to silicone or parchment lined trays.
- Add Dividers, if using. Portions of 10 work great
- Pre Freeze If time allows
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
I use 5 cups on each tray and use the tray dividers with 10 portions. This makes each portion a 1/2 Cup serving.
26hr 59min in large freeze dryer with low profile oil less pump
For 1 serving of your 10 divider portions add 1/4-1/2 Cup boiling water, let sit covered for 5 min, stir and let sit for additional 5 min
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.