Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe will fill 5 Large Freeze Dryer trays with Jambalaya*
- In a large Stock Pot, just add enough broth to cover the bottom of the pot, then brown up your onions, garlic, celery and bell peppers
- Next add your diced chicken breasts and cook.
- Add the remainder of the broth, diced tomatoes, rice, bay leaves, and cajun spice, bring to high heat and boil, cooking rice fully. Stirring regularly, bring down to a simmer and finish cooking rice.
- Add the shrimp, and stir until cooked.
- Line your tray with Silicone Mats, and spread Jambalaya even on trays, dividers would be useful to portion.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
I used my food processor to dice everything.
A full load in my large freeze dryer ran about 46 hours, with an oilless pump
Add boiling water, stir. Let sit, and add more water as needed.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!