Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This recipe will make 1 medium tray*
- Slice deer into thin strips, place into a dish and fill with broth until meat is submerged
- In a separate bowl mix together spices and mix into dish with meat and broth
- If you have a vacuum chamber sealer, run the meat dish through a marinade cycle, otherwise, you can marinate this overnight if desired.
- In a sous vide bag or crock pot, add a couple splashes of sriracha along with onion, garlic and bell pepper along with the meat and spice mixture
- Sous vide for 2 hours at 129 degrees or a slow cooker on low for 8 hours, high for 5 hours (make sure there is enough liquid in your slow cooker)
- Drain off liquid and freeze the liquid (24 hours) or add to a freeze dryer pan (I use ice cube trays) You can also freeze a tray of cheese, diced tomatoes or other fixings
- Add drained taco meat mixture to parchment paper lined freeze dryer tray with tray dividers in the 10 portion setting, freeze and freeze dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
23 hours 12 minutes
for 60 grams of taco mixture, add 3-4 broth cubes and ⅔ cup warm water and let sit for 3-5 minutes
Add lettuce, tomatoes and fixings to a taco or tortilla shell and enjoy!
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!