Contributed By: John in Bibs
This recipe will make 2 medium trays by weight*
- In a pan on your stove, brown your chicken breasts (it’s fine if they are not fully cooked)in a little olive oil, water, or chicken broth.
- Place the browned chicken breasts on the bottom of your crockpot, top with your chopped vegetables, cover with your spaghetti sauce, and add your spices.
- Cook in the crockpot on low heat for about 8 hours. (If it is really runny you can add some freeze dried tomato powder or paste to help thicken it up)
- Shred the chicken. Then let it cool down.
- Spread on a silicone lined tray, and then using dividers set to six portions push down through the chicken cacciatore. Cover with a lid, and freeze until solid.
- Remove lids and Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
I used 2 portions per meal pouch. Add ½ cup Boiling water, mix, cover and let it stand for 2 minutes. Stir, add more water if needed, cover and let stand for 2 more minutes.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!