Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
- Brown 2 lbs of lean ground beef on the stove. Strain cooked beef and then rinse with hot water to help get oil off, let sit and get as much water off. Then pour on a paper towel to soak up extra water and oil.
- While cooking ground beef, bring water to boil in a pot and cook 16 ounces of egg noodles.
- Add strained, rinsed, and patted ground beef to a clean pan on the stove. Then add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and 2 tbsp of garlic powder. Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the egg noodles are done cooking, drain and strain, then add to the beef mixture with 1 cup of sour cream and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Load on trays with pre-cut parchment. Add dividers and pre freeze
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately. (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
I used the dividers in the ten portion configuration, and used lids to pre-freeze or to help carry all trays to the freezer or freeze dryer without making an extra mess.
I did not pre-freeze. My cycle time was about 60 hours.
Using the 10 portion configuration on a large freeze dryer tray, each portion will need about 2⁄3 C of water. Add boiling water, cover, let stand for about 5 minutes, stir, cover, let stand a few more minutes.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.
This looks delicious! I was wondering if fresh mushrooms can be added to this recipe. Also, how hard is it to make equal portions if I don’t have dividers?