Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
One recipe makes a little more than 1 medium tray of Refried Beans*
- Soak your pinto beans for 8 or more hours (water needs to be 4-5 inches deeper than bean level)
- Rinse and strain the beans
- Place the beans into the instant pressure cooker pot.
- Add the garlic, onion and 3 Cups of water.
- Cook on High Pressure for 30 minutes with a natural release.
- Add the seasonings, and then use an immersion blender or food processor, add water to thin if you want.
- Line a tray with pre-cut parchment, spread beans out evenly (add dividers if you want to pre-portion for meals) , cover with a lid and freeze until solid.
- Freeze dry
- Powder the beans before storing.
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
In a medium mixed load my cycle time was about 39 hours
Add a little bit of water, stir, let sit for a few minutes. Repeat until you reach desired consistency.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary.