Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
This will make 2 medium size trays*
- Quarter your tomatoes and put them into a large pot.
- Add peppers, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, parsley and jalapeno and cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Put through the Food Processor or Blender and return to the pot.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, salt, and worcestershire and return to a boil.
- Add to Freeze Dryer Tray for Pre-Freeze
- You may want to put your tray in the freezer, fill with juice, add stackers, next tray, etc.
- Freeze Dry
- Store Appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
My cycle time was 30 and 1⁄2 hours in a medium freeze dryer with 3 trays full of liquid tomato products and 1 of tomato chips
Add water, stir, let sit, repeat until desired consistency is reached.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary