Contributed By: Live. Life. Simple.
For this recipe you will freeze dry different fruits and as many as needed for desired amount of Sangria*
- Line your trays with parchment.
- Spread sliced strawberries on a lined tray
- Leave skins on the citrus fruit and slice into 1⁄8-1⁄4 inch slices and lay on a lined tray
- Slice the top and bottoms off of pears, cut down length wise, then slice lengthwise, spritz with some lemon juice water, or dip in a lemon juice bath and lay on a lined tray
- Sliced apples in full circles and lay on a lined tray
- Chunk mangos and lay on a lined tray
- Load trays into freeze dryer and freeze dry (you can pre-freeze)
- Store appropriately (See Tips and Tricks for storage help)
- Split 1 bottle of white wine into two 1 quart ball jars add: 1⁄2 C strawberries, 1⁄2 a peach, 1⁄2 a lime, 1⁄2 an orange per jar. (Can add mint leaves if desired, fresh or freeze dried)(Can also add 1⁄2 cup of sparkling water, ginger ale or sprite per jar) 4 C Grand Marnier or Triple Sec per Jar.
- Split 1 bottle of red wine into two 1 quart ball jars add: 1⁄2 an orange, 1 apple, 1⁄2 a pear, 1/4 C Mango, 1⁄4 C Orange Juice, 1-2 Cinnamon sticks per jar.
Great gift in a jar, set freeze dried fruits into a Mason Jar, Seal with an oxygen absorber and give away with wine.
* Large Tray = 8 Cups/tray Medium = 6 Cups/Tray Small = 4 Cups/Tray
Cycle times & rehydration for reference only. Your results may vary
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!